The north-western coast of Sicily, from Trapani to San Vito lo Capo, is considered by many to be the most beautiful stretch of coast in all of "continental" Sicily.
The beaches of the Trapani coast, from Torre Ligny to Erice
Some of the characteristic and beaches of the Trapani are the cove of San Liberale, the suggestive beach of Porta Botteghelle and the beach located near the former Tonnara Tipa.
The large beach of San Giuliano is particularly recommended for families with young children and is located in the territory of the Municipality of Erice, after the Dante Alighieri Seafront.
The beaches of the hamlets and holiday resorts:
Leaving the city behind, proceeding along the coastal road, it is possible to reach many beautiful hamlets and holiday resorts with splendid beaches such as:
● Pizzolungo, characterized by the presence of many small streets
● Bonagia, a historic seaside village, also famous for the Tonnara.
● Lido Valderice, a holiday resort for families.
● Rio Forgia beach, characterized by red sand, with a view of Monte Cofano
Cala Buguto, Baia di Cornino and the Mount Cofano Reserve
Beyond the area of Lido Valderice, in the territory of Custonaci, there is a very suggestive stretch of coast which laps the Monte Cofano Nature Reserve.
The Gulf of Macari and Santa Margherita Bay
In this part of the area it is possible to find many point of interests such as:
● The coves around the Tono Tower, within the Mount Cofano Reserve;
● The pebble coves of Agliareddi, right at the entrance of the Monte Cofano Reserve;
● La Calazza, a small beach hidden among the rocks;
● Scaru Zu Asparo, a small bay characterized by shallow waters;
● The Chianca
● Scaru Brucia
● Santa Margherita Bay, a wide beach of about 250 meters;
● Caletta Rosa, which takes its name from the color of the rock (rosa means pink);
● The small beach of "Cala del Bue Marino"
● La Cala di Isulidda, a small bay that takes its name from the rock that is right in front of it.
San Vito Lo Capo beach
After crossing the village of Castelluzzo and passing the coast that connects Mount Cofano to Macari, is San Vito Lo Capo. A small seatown famous all over the world for its splendid beach and for the big event which is held in the city center every September, the CousCous Fest.